Saturday, January 18, 2014

Change Ahead


Jeremiah 29:11-13 have always been very dear verses to my heart and I'm so thankful that God knows what my future holds, and that He takes me by the hand and leads me.  And again, my life takes another turn that I honestly didn't think it would.

A new year can mean changes for individuals and this year, it will change for me, too. On March 8th of this year, my coaching hold ends.  This will also be the day that my coaching ends for a long time.  I am terminating my enrollment with CollegePlus.  I've been in CP since September of 2011 and it's been quite an eventful one.  But I haven't really been satisfied with the results these last couple years, and I believe that it's because this chapter in my life is closing; I'm not meant to continue this educational journey.  Especially in these last two years, I've been feeling led to get out and I believe I know why.  Since my Grandpa's death, I feel like God is telling me to lay college aside and get more involved with helping my family take care of my Grandma.  She is not 100% capable of leaving alone, so my Mom has devoted a lot of her time to taking care of her.

What will I be spending my time on now?

I will continue to work for both QualityTrack Int. and on the farm.  Because CollegePlus have raised their rates again, this also plays into my decision.  And at the moment, I need to earn money for a more reliable truck.  This past winter has proven to me that winter tires help, but a 2wd will never be as dependable as a 4wd. :P  I'm also hoping to advertise my services as a horse trainer and maybe go through some training and achieve a license to be a horse judge for shows.

I also want to spend extra time that I have preparing to take care of a house and a family of my own some day.  I haven't taken as much initiative as I should have in taking care of the house, but with Mom busy at Grandma's almost every day of the week, it gives me some time to help her with the housework and read the Christian books that I haven't indulged myself in. I'm looking forward to this! :)

But mainly, I've decided to return to my original idea of publishing books.  I've written many rough drafts of different book ideas over the years, but because college and investigative reporting seemed like that was the only way to earn a living, I laid those dreams aside.  Unfortunately, at local newspapers and even with a degree in Journalism, I would most likely end up setting type--as my Mom's friend's daughter ended up doing after four years to achieve her BA.  I started to edit a chapter last fall, but with this course through Brigham Young and the changes that accompanied Grandpa's death, I was barely able to get one chapter done.  My plan is to continue editing one book at a time, perhaps attend some writing conferences in Wisconsin, and start the publishing process by late this year or early 2015.

Being able to lay college aside has lifted a burden off my shoulders.  Though CollegePlus offers so much and I've learned a lot with CP friends, this chapter in my life is being closed.  Perhaps in the future, I will return to studying for CLEPs and earning three credits here and there; but I feel God is leading me to put my time and energy into more important things.  I believe that it was God's will for me to be a part of CP for these last few years, because I've learned some valuable lessons that I would not have learned had I not enrolled.

But we trust God and have assurance that he knows what is best for us.  We lean on His understanding and follow Him wherever He leads us.  For we will find rest only when we trust in His wisdom and not our own.

Blessings,
Anna

5 comments:

Kaleigh Stroink said...

Good decision, sis. May God be with you in this year, just like He has all along. :) Love ya!

Julianna Kraemer said...

Thank you, Kaleigh. May He be with you and guide you in all the decisions you have to make this year. Love you!

Rebecca said...

It's hard to make those kinds of decisions, but I understand the relief after making them. You almost want to dance around, don't you? I'm glad you'll have time to get back to your writing.

Lady Bibliophile said...

Wow, that's definitely a change ahead, Anna, but I'm glad the Lord gave you peace in it, and rest assured that He is eager to unfold His will to His children. :) All the best to you in what's coming ahead! You're doing a good work helping to care for family. ;)

Love,
Schuyler

Julianna Kraemer said...

Rebecca, yes! I want to dance; in fact, I am. :-D

Schuyler, thank you! Yes, I've had my doubts, but I feel that this is the best decision. I'm glad for the experiences and the friendships; but as with almost everything, we have to move on sometimes. :)